This garment is made from 100% RPET. RPET stands for Recycled PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) which is a member of the polyester family. The difference is that a PET bottle is molded and polyester is a fabric, but their chemistry is the same. The advantage of these products is that they are environmentally friendly and sustainable.
- 90% less water is used in making recycled polyester versus polyester
- RPET requires 70% less energy than virgin fibre production
- Recycling one plastic bottle saves the equivalent of 3 hours of energy from a 60 watt light bulb
- 1 kg of RPET can keep 60 water bottles out of landfill
- Using RPET helps us to not only keep plastic out of the landfills and oceans, but also to save our natural resources.
- RPET fabric has a 50% lower carbon footprint than the organic cotton
- Compared with other synthetic fibers, RPET polyester fabric has a 75% lower carbon footprint than standard polyester, and almost 90% lower than nylon